Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 July 2014

My toddler son swallowed a metal button!

I just wanted to tell you that my nearly 22 month old son swallowed a metal button last night! At first I panicked even though he seemed perfectly ok. I couldn't believe it though, he had the button one second and the next it had gone!

I googled this and read that the only thing we could do was to wait for him to poo it out! I still felt a bit worried obviously and fell asleep worrying that the button was going to rust inside his stomach and make him really ill etc.

He only did one poo today and the button was in it! Result! What a relief!

I can't believe how quick it went through his system. So if this happens to your toddler, just wait for them to poo out the foreign body! Unless of course they are choking then ring 999 ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment